Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 2, July 11, 2011

I woke up excited again, and panicking a bit, then I instantly remembered...I am NOT doing life like this!  God is taking care of everything for me.  Now, I feel great love in my heart as I move through my day.

Only 4 days left before Nagin Sanghavi and his daughter Harsha will be with us.  He will be speaking at the studio at 11 am on Thursday.  My biggest fear is that only 3 or 4 people show up and I have nothing to give him.  Now that I got that out, I remember that our biggest fear is the most unlikely thing to happen in our entire lifetime!

Ha ha!!!  So 2nd day of yoga challenge, I want to tell you about the Yamas in yoga philosophy.  The first one, the foundation of all of yoga philosophy is: Ahimsa:  non-violence in thought, word and action.  Notice your thoughts - are they loving? or ?  When taking on a yoga challenge, there is always the danger of being too hard on oneself.  When taking on any challenge, there is the possibility of being too hard on others.  The thing is, we will think these things constantly, yet the first step of ahimsa is to be aware of - to observe - all of the violence - outside of you and inside of you.  Then begin to transform it within yourself.  That is where the outside violence begins to disappear from view.

Gandhi was the father of nonviolent action - however, he was not the first.  Remember Jesus story?  He did not fight back when he was taken to be beaten, mocked, and crucified.  So when you have an unkind thought about anything today, remember to turn it into a loving thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment