Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 33 Happy It's Not Day 32 Anymore!

If you read my blog yesterday, and thought perhaps my mood changed at some point from practicing yoga, it did - for about one hour.  Then the water leaked in the yoga studio from the water heater and the old friend was back - oh noooo!!! It's all horrible.  So I finally let go, allowed myself to be miserable.  I told my husband what a bad day it was.  I didn't make a big story out of it, just listed all of the things I did not like about the day and quit resisting it.

Before I went to bed last night, my husband asked me to read an article he found on the internet.  He left it on the computer for me.  I finally got out of my chair and slunked to the computer and sat down and read the article.  It was written by a woman who wrote a book and submitted it to publishers and was rejected by 40 publishers.  Then her book was published. She wrote that if you asked her husband what are her best and worst traits, he would say.  1.  She never quits.  and 2.  She. Never. Quits.   She wrote about all of the crazy things she did to get the book written better before resubmitting it.  She worked on her book in the hospital while giving birth, she lied to her husband telling him she was going to a girl's weekend out of town and checking into a neighborhood hotel to work on her book.

I got it.  Thanks honey, I said before going to bed.  I was asleep after reading two pages of my book - Beyond Power Yoga.  Yes, I am a lot like that woman - passionate, obsessive at times, about teaching yoga, about running the yoga studio, about studying yoga, about my spiritual practice, about my life being my yoga.  And I keep getting those "rejection letters" (in the form of bills that I pray I can pay) and I keep trying again and again and again.  I know that my passion will also finally "get published" (i.e. out of the red) because I just will not quit. (now where is the water heater repair guy?!)





No comments:

Post a Comment