Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 22 Hottest summer in Minnesota

Once again the theme of this challenge comes up - patience or perseverance!  The heat wave that has hit our country has even been causing suffering in Minnesota.  The thing that is difficult for me to take is sleeping in air conditioning, then going outside, the change is incredible.  It's like walking into a wall when I step outside into the heat & humidity.  It reminds me of how much we complained about our winter this year: it was a very long, cold, snowy winter.  Longer, colder, snowier!  And I remember back then I said "Minnesotans love to complain about the weather" I think that's why we live here.  It is always changing.  Life is always changing.  In the practice of yoga, we step back and watch the changes as they go by.  We remain unattached, not clinging, not suffering.  We experience it all and push none of it away.  (Ideally!)  And if we are practicing yoga in Minnesota, we complain along the way : ).  Just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment