Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 36 - Each Day a New Beginning

Monday morning.  Only 4 days to go in the challenge.  I ask myself, what have I accomplished in this challenge?  What have you?  For me, I think, some added strength, my ashtanga practice has returned (I am able to do it again), a bit more endurance, a promise of physical vitality & power. That's temporary though.

Letting that thought go....This day can be day one, moment one.  We can begin anew in each moment if we let go of the past.  I do believe this is one secret to vitality, (the fountain of youth, happiness, longevity, peace of mind). . . Letting go of the past.  It can be done, one breath at a time.

Monday morning - the past tells me I must be productive this morning - and all day!  I own a business!
Yoga philosophy tells me that any action creates Karma.  With that in mind, what reaction do I want?  I contemplate that one.  What I want is peace.  Everywhere.  It must begin with me, so what I create in this moment is letting go of the past, the thinking, the I should's and you should's, and just be present to what is here right now:   The sun is filtering into my windows....

I have created a home that is peaceful, a place of nurturing, love and rest.  I can listen to my music & my meditation teacher speaking about the spiritual path (on you tube) and allow my actions to arise from that peaceful place.
  
It is ironic that students look to me for motivation and want to "change" something - like their weight or flexibility.  I struggle daily myself with many things, yet, I am firmly on the path of practice.

Practice is where it is at.  Practice in every moment.  Observe your thoughts, actions, words, choices, make the choices that create good in your life and let go of the choices that take away from your life.  That's all there is to it.
How long will it take?  In this day of instant gratification, I don't know anyone who really likes the answer to this question.  It takes a life time.  It takes a long time.  I have been practicing for 27 years.  I am still practicing.

Thank you for practicing with me - together, we are stronger and more dedicated to this practice -and we make a tremendous difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment