Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21 - what to do with a low energy day

It's cold outside, the skies were gray.  What to do with a low energy day?  Take a warm bath, slather on the lotion, get dressed warm & meet friends for coffee, conversation and creating.

I looked at my motivation today.  I take care of household chores and feel grumbly about it.  I realize that I am experiencing a sense of attachment.  If I do all the dishes & laundry, I wish someone else would do it, or say "wow - thanks!".  I realize that when I am attached to the outcome of doing these things, an outcome like these, I am crabby when it doesn't show up.  I forget the yoga mind-set that we are all one and that my work in the world is simply my work in the world.  It does not matter what I do, but with which state of mind.  My actions can be done with love, they can be done with resentment, or they can be done without thinking about it, just doing it because it is there to be done.

Trying to observe states of mind is a yoga practice, it is a good preparation for meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment