Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 of 40 day challenge

Sunday and the time changed.  One more hour of sleep and I woke up refreshed.  Rest is such a good thing. R & R. Do we get enough of it?  I think I rest enough, but when I take a day to let go of all of my usual work - mentally and physically - the following day I feel so much more rested than if I had worked all day and got enough sleep - even with a nap thrown in.

I intentionally create these "rest days" for myself.  I give myself permission to stop working.  When I am in the state of being that I don't "have to" do anything, something deeper kicks in.  It is hard to explain, but I am trying to.  The creative juices just bubble up when I am in that state of being.  I become excited once more.  I accomplish way more after one of those days of rest, than I would have had I worked through that time.

This is a part of a 40-day yoga challenge.   We must take a day of rest each week.  Today is the once a month gathering in my home for my meditation group.  We meditate for an hour, then eat yummy food.  We let go of worldly concerns & life for an hour and contemplate our inner realms.  Some call it heaven, or the Master or higher realms.  Whatever you call it, step outside of worldly life, stop thinking, close your eyes and listen for the voice of God within you.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment