Monday, November 14, 2011

Yoga Challenge, Day 14

Today my heart feels a bit sad, yet full of love.  What can we do when someone we love is suffering?  I don't want to say who, but someone whom I am very close to experienced a relationship break-up this weekend.  The evening it happened I was dancing at the studio.  I remember during the dance feeling so happy, light and free and wishing that for everyone around me.  Then in that moment, I simply was "being with" what ever each person in the room was feeling.  This is the heart of compassion.  This is what the teachings of the Buddha are all about.  The Buddha was a man who wanted to end all suffering in the world.  It is no coincidence that when I was suffering from relationship challenges many years ago, that I heard about the practice of taking on the suffering of others.  To "be with" other's pain: not resisting in, not trying to fix it, simply sharing it with them and allowing it to be.  This is such a powerful practice that I want to share that with you today.  We cannot fix other people's pain, but we can share it.  Today I allow all feelings to reside in my heart: the love, the joy and the sad suffering of heartache.  This is my practice and gift to my loved-one today who is suffering.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment